All of us want to go social and reach the right people to promote our business, right? Here’s the master key to turning your WordPress website into a social platform; well more or less. It all depends on how social you want to be. The Facebook plugin version 1.0 was launched a few weeks ago and it’s all yours to explore.
Let’s talk about the secrets to leveraging the New Facebook for WordPress Plugin.
1. How to set it up?
It’s really simple. All you need to do is
- log on to your WP website’s Admin Panel
- click on ‘Add New’ under ‘Plugins’
- Type ‘Facebook’ in the ‘Search’ box
- Select the first result that appears and click ‘Install Now’
- Once installation is complete, you will need to click on ‘Activate Plugin’
- The setup lets you create a Facebook application for your webpage
- You will need to insert the generated App ID and Secret into your Facebook plugin to configure it successfully. This is all much easier than it sounds. I installed the plugin and created the application myself in just a few minutes.
2. How does it work?
Since you have the plugin configured now, let’s discover all that it can do for you.
- Now you can post blogs to your timeline on one page or even multiple pages if you have more. This will add the post and message to the Timeline of each Facebook Page mentioned. They will also appear in the contents of the post
- You can mention Facebook Friends. This will add the post and message to the Timeline of each friend mentioned. They will also appear in the contents of the post.
- Include a personal message with the post on your pages and a different one when mentioning friends.
- You can use Facebook functions like Like, Subscribe and Comment above or below your blog post and even enable a recommendations bar.
- Also, you will need to disable any other sharing plugins or services that you may have while you are using this one; or else you might end up getting a messy webpage or double-posting your blog which would be extremely frustrating for your readers
3. How would you benefit?
There are a host of reasons this plugin is a must have, including:
- Allow your content to truly go viral by mentioning friends and getting your content in front of your biggest fans.
- With this plugin you can aim for a wider distribution for your website and drive up traffic and engagement.
- With the feature called the Recommendations Bar, user’s can recommend and like your sites content and add it to their Timeline as well.
- Activity Feed Box widget enables you to view your friends’ activity on your website
It is very easy to drag-and-drop your preferred social features to your website’s sidebars. Also, you can publish posts to a blog author’s Timeline by enabling ‘Publish to Author’s timeline’ and modify your app settings to configure publish action, via integration of Open Graph Protocol. With the New Facebook plugin you can incorporate Facebook into your website, as well as go international and access all these features on your mobile device. There’s no coding required for you to go profoundly public in a matter of few simple clicks.
Why wait? Give your customers the most engaging experience possible. If your business needs a freshening up, then the New Facebook for WordPress plugin is your best bet for your company blog. Give your customers & community a chance to interact with your business, easily share your content, and engage with them to strengthen your image and increase brand loyalty.
Are you using this new plugin or others? What do you like or dislike about them? Tell us what you’ve learned and the successes you’ve had while trying it out for yourself below.
If you’re tired of spending too much time with multiple tools and not reaching your potential, sign up for a 60 Day FREE Trial of CriticalMAAS. Manage your reputation, try text message marketing, setup a custom mobile store in a few minutes, leverage email marketing, spruce up your Facebook Page with our Apps, or easily setup a social rewards program for your brand ambassadors. It’s all available with our All-in-One Marketing Software, CriticalMAAS. Don’t wait, this offer is expiring soon.
Marketing for Smart People*your email will not be shared
Like Us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @TMLteam
- RT @BrennerMichael: @NPapendorf: #FF riday - @lisalarter @jeffespo @BrettRelander @markwschaefer @codymward @markcusters @RosettaMktg @ ... about 2 months ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #TML's latest blog: How You Can Climb the Social Media Ladder.Fast http://t.co/7TmWQyLtFV about 3 months ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @measurely: Keep Your Cool: How to Avoid Twitter Chaos http://t.co/LdVJBXU8 via @brettrelander about 3 months ago ReplyRetweetFavorite